Please note that submitting your rental deposit constitutes your ‘signature’ on this Rental Agreement, and indicates that you agree to all the terms and conditions listed below.
Cancellations & Refunds
- If you cancel:
- 45 days or more before your trip, you’ll receive a refund of any rental payments you’ve made, less a 10% service fee on the total of the reservation. Within 45 days of your trip, refunds are only given if you’ve purchased our Cancellation Guarantee Protection and the reason for your cancellation falls within its guidelines. No refunds or compensation will be given if the property is unavailable for any reason outside of our control, including but not limited to adverse weather conditions, natural disasters, mechanical failures, acts of government agencies, or utility outages. We advise our guests to obtain appropriate travel insurance. In addition, for any unforeseen circumstance, Sweet Homes Vacation Getaways reserves the right to relocate guests to another similar property, cancel the stay, or issue a credit for a future stay. In the event the reservation is moved, changed or a future stay credit is provided, the reservation will not be eligible for a further cancellation or refund. If you do not book directly on our website, and instead booked through a third party booking site (such as Airbnb or Vrbo) your reservation may be subject to that channel’s terms and conditions if they differ from Sweet Home’s. Please check the site where you originally booked your trip. *We reserve the right to update our policies in the future, including this cancellation policy, in response to legislative changes, government mandates, and other factors related to the COVID19 pandemic.
- Please note; during COVID check-in is at 5:00 p.m. and check-out is at 10: 00 a.m. No refunds will be made for late check-in or early departures.
- Should an event occur where the rental property becomes unavailable or is unacceptable to Guest, SHR reserves the right to relocate Guest rather than cancel the reservation.
- When you add the hot tub to your reservation there is a fee used to pay the hot tub service to clean and prepare the tub prior to your arrival. As such, we are unable to refund your hot tub fee should you decide not to use the tub; have bad weather and choose not to use the tub; or have problems working the tub that you do not report to us (if you do, we can generally resolve the problem). If there are any problems with the hot tub please contact property management immediately. Please note that there is no refund of hot tub fees for problems only reported at the end of your stay.
- Sweet Homes Cancellation Guarantee. If you purchased our Cancellation Guarantee Protection, you will receive a refund for any nights of your reservation canceled due to: the documented death or serious illness of any guest or immediate family member, flight delays or cancellations, or road closures due to natural disasters or inclement weather. Our Cancellation Guarantee Protection is not insurance and does not replace travel insurance.
- Sweet Homes uses a dynamic rate structure (much like a hotel) and all posted rates are subject to change based on availability. Nightly rates are locked in at the posted rate at the time of booking.
Notices & Disclaimers
- No contents of the home may be missing or damaged during your stay. The primary renter is liable for any damage to the property that requires special cleaning or replacing or repairing items.
- Sweet Homes Management reserves the right to enter the premises, if need arises, without prior guest permission. We will make every effort to contact the guest as to the time, purpose, name of personnel, and duration of any emergency visit. We do not enter the homes unless there is a problem that needs immediate attention.
- Sweet Homes Property Management (SHPM) and homeowners disclaim all liability for injury, loss, or damage. Renters are entirely responsible for their safety and well being when using the home and rental premises. SHPM will be held harmless from claims arising out of use, or misuse, of home. SHPM is an agent for the owner, not an owner or tenant. As agent, SHPM has the authority to act in the best interest of the homeowners in any and all situations.
- Renter authorizes Sweet Homes Property Management to charge the credit card on record with SHR for all damaged and/or missing items to the premises while occupied by the guest. If cost of extra cleaning, replacement, or repairs exceeds guest’s credit card limit, s/he agrees to pay the difference to Sweet Homes Rentals within 10 business days, or face credit reporting and legal action.
- Please be aware that renter may be evicted by the owner (or any appointed representative of the owner), local law enforcement, property management, or the security company employed by SHR if guests are unduly rowdy, inappropriate, in violation of this rental agreement, and/or engaging in any dangerous or illegal activities at a property (including fireworks, etc.).
- To be in compliance with this Rental Agreement, guests must follow all Sweet Homes policies. There are guest books in each home to provide you with the information you need in that specific home (like garbage & recycling info, fireplace information, etc.); all rules and policies must be followed by guests. A list of our policies is below for your easy reference; placing your reservation is assent to follow all policies and house rules or face possible fines or, in the case of severe violations, eviction.
– Pet Guest Policy
– No Smoking Policy
– Property Use Policies
– Home Policies (Electronics, Fireplaces, Game Rooms, BBQs, Keys, Hot Tubs)
Pet Guest Policy
Sweet Homes does not allow cat guests or other non-human, non-canine visitors. Dogs are welcome at most all of our homes, but must be registered in advance and paid prior to arrival; there will be a fine for unregistered, unpaid pets found in the home. Please note that our pet guests are not allowed on furniture or any of the bedding; some homes have stricter requirements. We require that there is no evidence of our pet friends upon your departure – no chewed or damaged furniture or household items, no excessive dog hair, no accidents in the home, no odors, no stains, and no piles of doggy droppings around the home (inside or out). Evidence of dogs will result in an appropriate charge after your departure.
No Smoking Policy
Sweet Homes Rentals homes are smoke-free environments. For the health and safety of all our guests, homes, and homeowners, there is ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN OR AROUND ANY OF OUR HOMES. Smoking means any type of inhaling/exhaling, carrying or possessing any lighted or electronic cigar, cigarette, pipe, vaporizer, joint, or other tobacco or marijuana product in any manner or in any form. If smoking of any type is detected in the home or on the property you will automatically be charged a $500 fine. Thank you for your consideration.
Property Use Policies
Quiet hours: Daily from 10pm to 9am, but loud music and parties are never allowed. If neighbors can hear you between the hours of 10pm and 9am you are in violation of this rental agreement. This would also be a violation of City Ordinances, so you may be fined and possibly evicted.
No party policy: Guests may not have large gatherings in homes or in the public areas – no more than the maximum number of people, dogs, or cars are allowed at the homes at any time during your stay (and they must be part of your reservation). This means that catered food, rented tables or amplified music are not allowed. Evidence of parties at any of our properties (during your stay, or evidence of parties found upon your departure) will result in an immediate $750 fine, plus the cost of any damages, extra cleaning, etc.
Candle/incense: Sweet Homes does not allow the burning of candles or incense in any home.
Garbage & recycling: All debris & rubbish must be placed in garbage cans and covered. We love recycling, but the Oregon coast has fairly stringent rules governing recyclables. If you are recycling, please be conscious that your recyclable items are placed in the appropriate bin.
Age Requirement: The primary registered guest must be at least 26 years of age. The majority of guests must be over 25, or children under adult supervision.
Max. Occupancy & Vehicles: Occupancy for each home is strictly enforced and fines will be assessed for exceeding the number of allowed or reported guests, including children, adults, and pets. No tents or other housing structures are allowed on property; all guests must be part of the reservation and reside in the home during your stay. There are City Ordinances governing maximum numbers of guests and vehicles; no more than the posted maximum numbers of guests or cars are allowed at any time, under any circumstances. Please check with Sweet Homes prior at time of booking or prior to arrival if you have any non-standard vehicles (RVs, trailers, boats, etc.); some Sweet Homes can accommodate these, and others cannot. Arrangements may be made prior to check-in to allow additional guests, vehicles, or pets. Guests bringing additional cars, extra guests, or unregistered pets will be subject to appropriate fees or, in extreme circumstances, termination of the rental agreement without refund.
Restricted Areas: Each home has a restricted area that is only accessible to the homeowner and/or Sweet Homes. These are our storage closets and spaces to store personal items. Unauthorized opening of any locked areas will result in criminal charges of burglary and theft. Please respect locks and cabinets labeled “owners” or “private”; if it’s not open, you do not have access to it.
Fireplace: For homes with fireplaces, you may only burn presto logs or prepared firewood. Absolutely no driftwood or other items (paper, yard wood, etc.) may be burned in any of our Sweet Homes.
Game Rooms: Many Sweet Homes have turned their garage into game rooms for our guests’ pleasure. If you are staying in a home with games in the garage, please note that we do not allow people to sit or stand on the games, or to place any food or drink on the tops of games. No unsupervised children allowed in game rooms for their safety and to ensure that games are treated with respect. We appreciate your considerate use of these items, and returning all game parts to their appropriate location after play (i.e. pool cues, chalk, balls; ping pong paddles & balls; darts; etc.).
BBQ: Gas BBQ Grills will be provided with at least a half a tank of propane. Please remember to properly clean the grill after use; a $25/hour cleaning fee will be charged for grills left dirty upon departure. Also, please do not move the grills to other areas of the property or grill inside the garage or home.
Electronics & WiFi:
Renters may NOT change the settings on any electronic devices, technology, computers, remote controls, TVs, hot tubs, etc., or unplug, disconnect, or rewire any devices in the home. If you have questions or problems with any electrical items, please contact our property managers immediately, and we’ll be happy to help you! However, if you take it upon yourself to disconnect or reprogram electronics or computers, we may charge you to cover the cost of the technician’s visit.
Renters may not use the WiFi connection to do anything illegal or to visit adult websites on home computers. Do not adjust computer settings, change the homepage, screen saver, background, or download any other software — these actions are forbidden. If there is a computer in your rental home, it is for everyone’s usage and the settings on it must remain the same. Changes, viruses, or other problems resulting from guest use will result in appropriate fines to cover the cost of repair.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Home Owner(s) and Agent (Sweet Homes Rentals) for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the rental property including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s).
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We may collect personally identifiable information when you visit our website. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page(s) you visited. We will not sell your personally identifiable information to anyone.
Please note that our payment and personal information is always safe. Our Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read over the internet.